Craving for some comfort food but not really in the mood to make fancy ones? You might want to try this simple and easy dish. All you need is a can of peas and a couple of toasted bread, and you’re good to go!
What? Canned peas? Yes, you have read that right. Creamed peas on toast are surprisingly delicious and uncomplicated, you’ll always want this for hassle-free comfort food.
Read on and discover the marvelous experience of creamed peas on toast. It’s really easy and simple, you can do it in less than a few minutes.
How To Make Creamed Peas on Toast
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slice toast buttered
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and add flour slowly to thicken it.
- When it is almost like a paste, slowly add the milk and whisk to avoid lumps.
- Continue stirring on low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Add your peas and cook until peas are heated through.
- Pour hot mixture over a buttered slice of toasted bread, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a knife and fork to slice.
Commonly Asked Questions
How Long Is the Shelf Life of Canned Peas?
If you keep unopened canned peas refrigerated, it can last at least a couple of years. But to be safe, store them in the correct place.
Whether you're lazy to pull-off a whole dish or just in a hurry, you need something that's quick and easy but doesn't compromise flavor. Of course, you'd want to start you day with something delicious to chew. So have a go at our creamed peas on toast recipe. You won't regret it after you'd have your full.