Feeling lazy to cook up something big for the kids? These yummy-looking cream cheese and jelly turnovers are so easy, they can be prepared in no time. They are perfect after brunch or even just as an afternoon snack.
This recipe is fun for kids to do themselves as it uses premade pie crust. If you’re making this on your own, you certainly can make your own pie crust, but that would take much longer. The entire recipe from start to finish will only take 30 minutes.
How To Make Cream Cheese and Jelly Turnovers
This homemade cream cheese and jelly turnovers recipe is made with our favorite dessert fillings.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, salt, and egg yolks. Mix it all up together until it is smooth.
- Lightly fold each quarter of your pie crust into a triangle and press to make a crease. Make 3 to 4 slits on one side.
- Take one tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture and place it on one side of the dough triangle with no slits. Spread it around, leaving a ½-inch edge.
- Spread a tablespoon of jam on top of the cream cheese. Using your pastry brush, or finger, paint the edges of the turnover.
- Fold the cut side over the filled side and crimp the edge with a fork.
- Brush egg white over the entire surface of the turnover. This helps it turn a nice golden color and also becomes an adhesive for the sugar to stick.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly on top.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the filling begins to bubble and the turnover is a golden brown.
- Serve warm topped with fruit preserves. Make sure to let it cool a little when serving it to your kids.
- Sugar: 15g
- Calcium: 80mg
- Calories: 956kcal
- Carbohydrates: 71g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Fat: 69g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 33g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g
- Potassium: 184mg
- Protein: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 658mg
- Vitamin A: 892IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!