How To Make Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
This loaded chicken nachos is packed with tender chicken, spicy chipotle peppers, and two cheeses to yield a mouthwatering snack to munch on!
- 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1small yellow onion,diced
- 2large garlic cloves,roughly chopped
- 8oztomato sauce
- 2tbspchipotle peppers in adobo sauce,minced
- 1tspground cumin
- ½tspdried oregano
- 3cupschicken,shredded, cooked
- ¼cupfresh cilantro,chopped, optional
- 13oztortilla chips
- 28ozMexican blend cheese,shredded
- ⅔cuppecorino romano cheese,grated
- ¼cupscallions,finely sliced
- ¼cupfresh cilantro,chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Do not brown; reduce the heat if necessary.
Add the tomato sauce, chipotle peppers and sauce, sugar, cumin, oregano, and salt. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cilantro.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and set 2 racks in the center of the oven.
Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer, overlapping slightly, on two 13×18-inch baking sheets. Spread the chicken evenly over the chips, followed by the cheeses.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove the nachos from the oven, then sprinkle with scallions and cilantro.
Serve immediately, passing the guacamole, sour cream, and lime wedges separately, and enjoy!
- Calories: 838.67kcal
- Fat: 57.15g
- Saturated Fat: 22.47g
- Trans Fat: 0.16g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 20.85g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.97g
- Carbohydrates: 29.26g
- Fiber: 2.37g
- Sugar: 2.83g
- Protein: 50.50g
- Cholesterol: 189.56mg
- Sodium: 735.73mg
- Calcium: 682.30mg
- Potassium: 515.81mg
- Iron: 2.76mg
- Vitamin A: 226.14µg
- Vitamin C: 6.52mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!