How To Make Lemon Beurre Blanc
Incorporate French cuisine into your cooking with this easy lemon beurre blanc recipe, a butter and white sauce that's light yet creamy.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 shallots, medium, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 8 oz unsalted butter, (16 tablespoons), cut into 16 pieces, cold
- Kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the lemon juice, wine, and shallots to a boil. Continue boiling the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, until it reduces and thickens slightly.
- Add the crème fraîche and boil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Add the butter, 1 cube at a time, and whisk, allowing each piece to fully melt before adding the next one.
- When the last of the butter has just melted, remove the pan from the heat and strain out the shallots if desired.
- Season the beurre blanc sauce with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 10mg
- Calories: 227kcal
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Fat: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 37mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 739IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!