This southern inspired dish is the perfect addition to any barbecue. The thick pieces of bacon transform the collard greens into an indulgent dish that is sure to please. Give it a try at your next BBQ and see how much everyone loves it.
How To Make Oven Roasted Collard Greens and Bacon
Roast collard greens and bacon in the oven to make yourself a delicious savory side dish.
- 1 cup bacon, thick-cut, cooked, and chopped
- 8 oz collard greens, (2 bunches), chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Next, toss the collard greens with olive oil and season it to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a casserole and roast the collard greens for about 6 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add the bacon and cook everything for 4 more minutes.
- Once your dish is done baking, serve it and enjoy!
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 132mg
- Calories: 238kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 121mg
- Protein: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 857mg
- Vitamin A: 2846IU
- Vitamin C: 20mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!