With fresh tomatoes it looks like a cream of tomato soup, but without those pesky fat calories.
How To Make Tomato Soup French Style
A wonderful recipe for French-style tomato soup that is surely enough to please even the pickiest eaters! A silky and flavorful tomato base with a smooth finish. Add to that the incredible flavor from bacon and its rendered fat to accentuate every herb and seasoning in this tasty dish.
- Heat bacon in pan.
- When fat has run, add butter; melt. Add onions; cook gently 5 to 6 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree, lemon rind, stock, carrot, white pepper, salt, pepper, sugar and herbs; bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Put through a processor or blend in a blender.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot; sprinkle with parsley and basil and croutons.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 31mg
- Calories: 91kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 513mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 92mg
- Vitamin A: 3227IU
- Vitamin C: 32mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!