This soup is my ultimate favorite comfort food! The recipe has been passed between my grandmother, aunts, mom, and finally to me…I make it about once a month and my boyfriend loves it (although he still says mom makes it better)!
Plantation Chowder RecipeJump To Recipe
How To Make Plantation Chowder
A simple and easy recipe for chowder that would leave you wanting more! Enjoy this hearty dish among your family with its creamy consistency and a rich flavorful broth base.
- In a large frying pan, sautee onion in butter until just beginning to turn translucent.
Add sausage and reduce heat while allowing to slowly brown and carmelize, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the rest of the ingredients to simmer in a large stock pot, then add sausage and onion.
- Bring to a slight boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to simmer and cover, stirring occasionally for at least one hour.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty french bread.
Tip: This can also be made very easily in your crockpot.
Some wonderful add-ons include: 1 small can of green chiles, drained; crumbled bacon; or substitute two cans cream of potato for two cans cream of broccoli.
- Calcium: 579mg
- Calories: 810kcal
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Cholesterol: 159mg
- Fat: 53g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 1199mg
- Protein: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Sodium: 1726mg
- Sugar: 20g
- Vitamin A: 1515IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!