This easy chicken soup recipe is perfect for when you’re feeling slightly under the weather. Enjoy it at any season of the year, rain or shine, whenever you need something warm and comforting.
How To Make Comfort in a Cup Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup orzo or acini pepe pastina
- 2 cans chicken broth add 1 more can if you like
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 grinds black pepper
- 1 pkg spinach optional; thawed and drained or frozen
- Parmesan cheese as desired, for topping
- Cook pasta in 1 cup of salted water until tender, for about 8 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, add broth to a deep pot and bring to a boil.
- Add beaten eggs and give them a second or two to set.
- Whisk lightly with a fork until it looks like cotton candy.
- Add drained pasta and pepper. Lower the heat.
- If you like, add the spinach at this point and let it cook until just done.
- Serve in a big coffee mug with a sprinkle of cheese.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg