How To Make Chicken Apple Bacon Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Delicious and refreshing with a crunch, this apple walnut salad is tossed with lettuce, bacon, and chicken in a honey mustard balsamic dressing.
- 1½lbscooked chicken breasts,diced into strips, (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 8slicesbacon,cooked and diced
- 3medium apples,sliced
- ¾cupwalnuts,chopped, toasted or candied
- 9ozspring mix lettuce,with spinach
For Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ½cupextra virgin olive oil
- 3½tbspbalsamic vinegar
- 2tspDijon mustard
- 2tbspshallot,finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
Layer all salad ingredients into individual salad bowls or over plates. Serve drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and finely diced shallot to a blender.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend the mixture until well emulsified and thickened slightly.
Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Calories: 1009.41kcal
- Fat: 66.16g
- Saturated Fat: 19.65g
- Trans Fat: 0.08g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 34.04g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.69g
- Carbohydrates: 35.43g
- Fiber: 5.35g
- Sugar: 26.66g
- Protein: 67.99g
- Cholesterol: 220.71mg
- Sodium: 1263.68mg
- Calcium: 285.76mg
- Potassium: 951.73mg
- Iron: 3.84mg
- Vitamin A: 180.71µg
- Vitamin C: 10.92mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!