How To Make Celery Almonds Parmesan Torn Olives
You’ll love this appetizer assembled with fresh torn olives, celery, parmesan cheese, toasted almonds, and more mixed with white wine vinegar and olive oil!
- 2cupspitted green olives,large, drained and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1cupcelery,(from 2 to 3 medium ribs) diced
- ½cupalmonds,roasted, roughly chopped
- 2ozparmesan cheese,crumbled with a fork or knife point into a ½ cup rubble
- 1clovegarlic,large, very thinly sliced
- 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil,plus more to taste
- 1tbspwhite wine vinegar,plus more to taste
- kosher salt,to taste
- red pepper flakes,to taste
- celery ribs,leaves, roughly chopped, for garnish
In a medium bowl, toss all of the ingredients except the celery leaves together.
Taste, and adjust the seasonings to your preference. Add a little more olive oil and vinegar, and about ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, if desired.
Garnish with the chopped celery leaves.
Refrigerate until needed, for up to 5 days.
- If serving as part of a cheese spread, keep the pieces chunky and offer toothpicks for serving. If it’s the first course, chop everything smaller and offer forks. Chop it pretty small and serve it with hummus so people can pile it onto the hummus.
- To toast the almonds, roast the whole almonds on a rimmed baking sheet for 12 to 14 minutes at 350 degrees F, then chopped them.
- Calories: 623.12kcal
- Fat: 57.15g
- Saturated Fat: 10.33g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 36.85g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.60g
- Carbohydrates: 15.22g
- Fiber: 9.27g
- Sugar: 3.12g
- Protein: 19.38g
- Cholesterol: 19.28mg
- Sodium: 2298.72mg
- Calcium: 517.72mg
- Potassium: 476.13mg
- Iron: 2.35mg
- Vitamin A: 93.79µg
- Vitamin C: 2.03mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!