This out-of-the-ordinary salad adds a special richness to a popular Mexican dish. For the best texture, use thawed frozen corn – it’s been cooked but isn’t mushy.
How To Make Chicken Quesadillas with Corn-Tomato Salad
For Corn-Tomato Salad:
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 tomato seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast diced
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- In a medium bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Set aside.
- To prepare the quesadillas, combine the chicken, lettuce, and salsa in another medium bowl. Spread them evenly over the tortillas.
- Next, sprinkle the cheese over the tortillas.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the quesadillas one at a time until they are lightly browned. Do this for 3 minutes on each side. Turn the tortillas carefully with a wide spatula.
- Cut the quesadillas into quarters and plate them equally. Serve your quesadillas with corn-tomato salad on the side.