Ditch the orange box and powdered cheese – try a grown-up spin on an old kid-favorite. We guarantee you that it tastes better when made from scratch.
How To Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat. Sauté onion in 1 Tbs. butter. Add mustard, salt, peppers. Set aside.
- Combine cheeses (save 1 C. cheddar for top), melted butter, sour cream, cream, & milk in a large bowl.
- Mix in elbows, onion, spice mixture and wine. Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 C. cheddar. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 547mg
- Calories: 594kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Fat: 40g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 209mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 880mg
- Vitamin A: 1225IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!