How To Make Unstuffed Pepper Bowls
A healthier option for the classic stuffed peppers is these tasty unstuffed pepper bowls, loaded with tender turkey and cauliflower rice for a filling meal!
- 2tbspolive oil,divided
- 1cupsmall yellow onion,diced
- 2cupsbell pepper,any color, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1lblean ground turkey
- 2tspgarlic cloves,minced
- 1tspchili powder
- 1tspground cumin
- cayenne pepper,(few dashes), optional
- 14.5oztomatoes,(1 can), diced and drained
- 3tbspfresh parsley,minced
- 10ozcauliflower rice,(2 packages), frozen, cooked according to package instructions, seasoned with salt
- 1cupcheddar cheese,finely shredded, optional
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes then add bell peppers, season with salt and pepper.
Sauté for about 6 minutes until softened. Transfer pepper mixture to a plate.
In a skillet over medium-high, heat the remaining olive oil. Add in turkey in large crumbles, season with salt and pepper.
Let rest for about 2 minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then toss.
Continue to cook and break up the turkey for about 2 minutes until almost fully cooked through, then add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
Cook the turkey through for about 1 minute, then stir in the tomatoes and pepper mixture and warm through. Stir in the parsley.
Plate the cauliflower rice, top with cheddar cheese, then finish with ground turkey mixture.
Serve warm, and enjoy!
- Calories: 443.06kcal
- Fat: 27.54g
- Saturated Fat: 9.82g
- Trans Fat: 0.51g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10.87g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.94g
- Carbohydrates: 17.30g
- Fiber: 5.47g
- Sugar: 8.66g
- Protein: 34.05g
- Cholesterol: 111.90mg
- Sodium: 1018.67mg
- Calcium: 302.16mg
- Potassium: 1011.87mg
- Iron: 3.08mg
- Vitamin A: 292.30µg
- Vitamin C: 149.87mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!