How To Make Middle Eastern Chicken Kebabs
Marinated in a tangy and spiced Greek yogurt, these Middle Eastern-style chicken kebabs are quickly grilled for a juicy, golden-brown dish.
- 1cupplain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2tbspolive oil
- 1tspred pepper flakes,crushed
- 2tbsplemon juice,(from 1 lemon), freshly squeezed
- ½tspfreshly ground black pepper
- 5garlic cloves,minced
- 2½lbschicken thighs,boneless skinless, trimmed of any excess fat and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1large red onion,cut into wedges
- vegetable oil,for greasing the grill
In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic.
Thread the chicken onto metal skewers, folding if the pieces are long and thin, alternating occasionally with the red onions. Be sure not to cram the skewers. Place the kebabs on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
Spoon or brush the marinade all over the meat, coating well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. To grease the grill, lightly dip a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and, using tongs, carefully rub over the grates several times until glossy and coated.
Grill the chicken kebabs for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through, turning skewers occasionally.
Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve.
For a marinade that’s less spicy, reduce crushed red pepper flakes to ½ teaspoon.
- Calories: 555.20kcal
- Fat: 42.57g
- Saturated Fat: 11.05g
- Trans Fat: 0.19g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 19.25g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.78g
- Carbohydrates: 7.22g
- Fiber: 1.16g
- Sugar: 3.18g
- Protein: 35.46g
- Cholesterol: 191.60mg
- Sodium: 671.98mg
- Calcium: 63.51mg
- Potassium: 476.59mg
- Iron: 1.78mg
- Vitamin A: 64.32µg
- Vitamin C: 9.78mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!