How To Make Thai Green Curry with Spring Vegetables
End your day with a creamy Thai green curry for dinner. This dish consists of asparagus, carrots, and spinach in rich green coconut sauce.
- 1cupbrown basmati ricerinsed
- 2tspcoconut oilor olive oil
- 1white onionsmall, diced
- 1tbspfresh gingerfinely chopped
- 2garlic clovesfinely chopped
- ½bunchasparagustough ends removed and sliced into 2-inch long pieces
- 3carrotspeeled and sliced on the diagonal into ¼-inch wide rounds
- 2tbspThai green curry paste
- 14ozcoconut milk
- 1½tspcoconut sugaror turbinado (raw) sugar or brown sugar
- 2cupspacked baby spinachroughly chopped
- 1½tsprice vinegaror fresh lime juice
- 1½tspsoy sauce
- a handful of chopped fresh cilantrofor garnish
- red pepper flakesto taste
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the rinsed rice and continue boiling for 30 minutes, reducing heat as necessary to prevent overflow.
Remove from heat, drain the rice, and return the rice to the pot.
Cover and let the rice rest for 10 minutes or longer, until ready to serve.
Warm a large skillet with deep sides over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add a couple of teaspoons of oil.
Cook the onion, ginger, and garlic with a sprinkle of salt for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the asparagus and carrots and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the curry paste and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
Pour the coconut milk into the pan, along with water and sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until the carrots and asparagus are tender and cooked through.
Once the vegetables are done cooking, stir the spinach into the mixture and cook for about 30 seconds until the spinach has wilted.
Remove the curry from heat and season with rice vinegar and soy sauce. Add salt and red pepper flakes (optional), to taste.
Divide rice and curry into bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Calories: 444.54kcal
- Fat: 25.44g
- Saturated Fat: 21.09g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.75g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.99g
- Carbohydrates: 50.92g
- Fiber: 4.62g
- Sugar: 6.12g
- Protein: 7.95g
- Cholesterol: 0.74mg
- Sodium: 711.65mg
- Calcium: 76.11mg
- Potassium: 682.89mg
- Iron: 5.36mg
- Vitamin A: 429.60µg
- Vitamin C: 11.63mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!