Delicious spinach and tender potatoes come together in a creamy sauce baked to golden perfection in this dish. Try out this fantastic potato and spinach tuna bake recipe the next time you want to make dinner a little more exciting.
How To Make Potato And Spinach Tuna Bake
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 can tuna 6 oz. can, drained, flaked
- ½ cup grated parmesan plus ¼ cup extra
- 1 grated lemon zest
- 4 ½ cups potatoes peeled, cut into slices
- 7 oz. baby spinach leaves chopped
- 1 onion finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-cup baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter on high. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and gradually mix in milk until smooth.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring until the sauce boils and thickens. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tuna, parmesan and zest. Season to taste.
- Arrange half of the potato slices in a deep baking dish.
- Layer with half the spinach and onion, with one-third of the tuna mixture.
- Repeat layers, finishing with the tuna mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with extra parmesan.
- Bake a further 15 to 20 minutes until the potato is tender and top is golden. Serve.