Carrabba’s Chicken Parmesan is a best-selling classic. After all, it’s creamy with the right amount of flavor. It’s certainly a dish you can serve anytime and anywhere. For instance, occasionally with a side of pasta or rice. This Carrabba’s-inspired recipe will surely put some delightful twist to an otherwise plain and simple chicken fillet.
In our chicken parmesan recipe, we’re pounding the chicken using a meat mallet to tenderize the meat. Moreover, this also evens out the thickness of the chicken, which helps in cooking them evenly. In addition, you can use a rolling pin if you don’t have a meat mallet on hand. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap before you begin.
Bread crumbs also give the chicken a nice crunch but there would be instances where you might run out last minute. A great alternative to bread crumbs is the tempura mix which similarly works the same way. After that, let your chicken cook and garnish it with tons of parmesan! With each bite of this chicken parmesan comes a perfect, crispy yet tender chicken complemented by the rich and tangy marinara sauce. Above all, you can’t miss the saltiness of the cheese and the savory touch of herbs in between!
Finally, you can serve this Carraba’s classic with another Italian dish, because you can never go wrong with pasta. So don’t forget to try our simple Italian Fettuccine Noodle Stir-Fry recipe with a unique garlic-butter sauce that’s surely a must-try. Meanwhile, let’s head right into the kitchen and cook up a delicious Italian feast!
How To Make Carrabba's Chicken Parmesan
Give your chicken parmesan a Carrabba’s twist with this easy recipe.
- Grab a meat mallet and pound the chicken to half an inch thick.
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a bowl and beat the eggs in another. In another bowl, combine the Italian seasoning and bread crumbs.
- Dredge your chicken with flour and shake off the excess. Dip it in the egg then coat it in the bread crumb mix.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until well-browned.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Pour marinara sauce into the skillet, bring to a boil, and lower the heat.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover and let it cook for 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm with parmesan cheese and basil as garnish. Savor your chicken parmesan with some pasta on the side!
- Swap out your provolone cheese with the classic mozzarella.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 348mg
- Calories: 522kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 204mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 1364mg
- Protein: 63g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1392mg
- Vitamin A: 941IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I serve with chicken parmesan?
Chicken parmesan pairs well with a salad, rice, and pasta. For starters, try our Green and Mandarin Orange Salad recipe. It adds a nice touch of color to your plate plus it comes with fresh flavors that help offset the sauce.
How do I make chicken parmesan in the oven?
First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Using the same recipe, you will follow the same process up to coating your chicken with breadcrumbs. Line them on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned. Afterwhich, flip your chicken and evenly distribute the marinara sauce on top. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and place it back in the oven. Let the chicken broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Take it out, garnishing with basil and parmesan!
ConclusionThere's a reason why chicken parmesan continues to be such a popular dish to this day. It's not only delicious, but it also gives you a delectable Italian twist to enjoy. Thanks to this recipe, chicken parmesan will definitely become a staple in your kitchen.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!