The popular rum-and-mint cocktail from Cuba was the inspiration for this entrée. A last-minute spritz of grilled lime adds even more flavor to this chicken breast recipe.
How To Make Mojito-Marinated Chicken Breasts
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup light rum plus
- 2 tbsp. light rum
- ½ cup fresh mint chopped
- 6 tbsp. mint syrup
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. coarse kosher salt
- 6 chicken breast about 5 lb., halves with skin and bones
- 3 large limes quartered lengthwise
- fresh mint sprigs
- Whisk lime juice, 1/2 cup rum, and next 4 ingredients in bowl.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over; seal bag.
- Turn bag to distribute marinade.
- Chill 4 hours, turning bag twice.
- Place lime quarters in shallow bowl.
- Pour remaining 2 tbsp. rum over, tossing to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter.
- Grill limes until soft and slightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish platter with mint sprigs.
- Squeeze grilled limes over chicken and serve.
- Garnish with grilled pineapple slices cut into star shapes, if desired.