With everything you would want in French Onion, this soup will knock your socks off.
How To Make Crockpot Caramelized French Onion Soup
A simple crockpot version of French onion soup. Made easy with intense flavors to warm up a long chilly day.
- Cut onions in half.
Cut halves into ½" thick slices.
Combine all ingredients in a 3 ½-quart crockpot.
- Cook, covered, at high 8 hours or until golden brown and very soft.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 2 months, if desired.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a 3 ½-quart crockpot.
Cook, covered, at high 2 ½ hours or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in wine.
- Ladle soup into 6 ovenproof bowls, and top evenly with croutons and cheese.
- Place bowls on a jellyroll pan.
- Broil 3" from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 198mg
- Calories: 312kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 263mg
- Protein: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 844mg
- Vitamin A: 488IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!