Scalloped potatoes are totally our guilty pleasure for dinner. We usually serve it with a meat and a vegetable, but honestly we don’t care about the rest of the meal… we just want the scalloped potatoes! They’re so darn good.
How To Make Scalloped Potatoes
This incredible recipe is tasty and feeds a crowd! The perfect meal, or you could eat it as a side dish, for a family or a small gathering. It's simple that it can be made even during the busy weekdays.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel and slice potatoes, and put in skillet.
- Add enough water to cover potatoes, and add chopped onion and salt.
- Cook potatoes and onions until done but not falling apart.
- Drain and set aside.
- Put oil in skillet, add flour, salt, and pepper, and cook until flour is lightly browned.
- Add milk and cook until slightly thickened. (More milk may be added as needed.)
- Remove from heat and pour over drained potatoes and onions.
- Stir sauce through potatoes. (This should make a nice sauce for the potatoes.)
- Place potatoes and sauce mixture in casserole dish.
Put grated cheddar cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove and serve.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!