Try mixing brown rice with raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to make a great flavored pudding.
How To Make Brown Rice Raisin Pudding
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup pre-cooked brown rice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- In a small bowl, soak the raisins in 1/2 cups of milk and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, cook the rice with 1 cup of milk, stirring frequently until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Liberally butter the 4 individual soufflé or baking dishes.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs with the remaining 2 1/2 cups of milk, making sure that they are well-blended.
- Stir the vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the egg mixture. Afterward, add the mixture to the cooked rice, stirring well until they are well-blended. Add in the raisins afterward.
- Spoon the rice mixture evenly onto the prepared baking dishes.
- Bake the dishes for 20 minutes in the oven or until their center becomes firm.
- After you're done baking, enjoy your homemade brown rice raisin pudding!
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 147mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 573IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 314mg | Iron: 1mg