How To Make Chicken Pot Pie
This chicken pot pie is a dinner staple made with flavorful herbs and spices tossed with turkey gravy and mixed vegetables baked to golden brown perfection.
- 14ozrefrigerated pie crusts,2 crusts
- 3tbspbutter,diced into 1 piece
- ¾cupyellow onion,finely chopped
- 2½tbspall-purpose flour
- 1cuphalf and half
- 12ozMcCormick® Simply Better Turkey Gravy,or Chicken Gravy
- 3cupsmixed vegetables,frozen
- 2cupsrotisserie chicken,or leftover turkey, heaping, shredded
- ½tspdried rosemary,crushed
- ½tspdried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using a 9-inch pie plate.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until softened for about 5 minutes.
Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. While whisking, pour in half and half then pour in turkey gravy.
Add in vegetables, chicken, rosemary, thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Warm through.
Pour mixture into prepared pie crust in pie plate. Top with second pie crust. Seal edges and flute if desired. Cut several slits in top of the pie for steam to escape.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories: 505.48kcal
- Fat: 30.66g
- Saturated Fat: 13.13g
- Trans Fat: 0.24g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.17g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.84g
- Carbohydrates: 43.78g
- Fiber: 3.95g
- Sugar: 4.02g
- Protein: 13.85g
- Cholesterol: 56.85mg
- Sodium: 705.64mg
- Calcium: 79.11mg
- Potassium: 460.07mg
- Iron: 2.40mg
- Vitamin A: 499.32µg
- Vitamin C: 5.80mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!