How To Make Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
We just can’t get tired of giving you recipes to make the most out of ripe bananas! Here’s another whole-grain, naturally-sweetened banana muffin dessert!
- ⅓cupcoconut oil,melted, or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½cupmaple syrup,or honey
- 2eggs,preferably at room temperature
- 1cupbananas,packed mashed ripe, about 3 bananas
- ¼cupmilk,of choice or water, I used almond milk
- 1tspbaking soda
- 1tspvanilla extract
- tspcinnamon,plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1¾cupswhite whole wheat flour,or regular whole wheat flour
- ⅓cupold-fashioned oats,optional, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1tspturbinado sugar,raw sugar or other granulated sugar, for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple syrup together with a whisk.
Add the eggs and beat well.
Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix with a large spoon, just until combined. Fold in any additional mix-ins.
Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats (about 1 tablespoon in total), followed by a light sprinkling of sugar (about 1 teaspoon in total).
Bake muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. Serve.
- Run a butter knife along the outer edge of the muffins to loosen them from the pan.
- These muffins will keep at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- They keep well in the freezer in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months (just defrost individual muffins as needed).
- Calories: 204.19kcal
- Fat: 8.25g
- Saturated Fat: 6.20g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.82g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.58g
- Carbohydrates: 30.64g
- Fiber: 2.93g
- Sugar: 12.05g
- Protein: 4.25g
- Cholesterol: 29.64mg
- Sodium: 180.71mg
- Calcium: 36.36mg
- Potassium: 201.37mg
- Iron: 1.03mg
- Vitamin A: 15.71µg
- Vitamin C: 1.79mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!