How to Make Caramelized Baked Persimmon
Level up your fruit desserts by making a tangy-sweet baked persimmon! The custard-like fruit is caramelized for a sweet and crunchy finish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Peel and cut the tops off of the persimmons, cut them in half crosswise. Place cut side up in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and salt. Add hot water and stir until dissolved. Pour mixture over fruit.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the persimmons are soft. At the half way point, baste the persimmons with the juice. Recover and continue baking.
- Remove foil and spoon syrup over fruit. Place dish under a broiler for 5 to 10 minutes until the persimmons are. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Serve hot with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of the syrup. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 12g
- Calcium: 86mg
- Calories: 266kcal
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 459mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 7048mg
- Vitamin A: 265IU
- Vitamin C: 75mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!