Switch up your pineapple upside down cake routine with this simple recipe. These airy angel food cupcakes soak in pineapple juice and have pineapple bits in every bite!
How To Make Moist Pineapple Upside Down Angel Food Cupcakes
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 large crushed pineapple
- 1 can pineapple rings drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and can of pineapple with juice.
- In a greased cupcake or muffin tin, sprinkle brown sugar in each well.
- Top brown sugar with pineapple rings and fill wells with batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cupcake begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Invert cupcakes out of pan and garnish each with a cherry.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg