I created this recipe to enter in a contest at the state fair, where it won a blue ribbon. These cookies take a little time to make, but the results are worth it!
Decadent Mint Cookie Cups Recipe
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini chips
- 2 ½ tbsp. butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa
- ⅛ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 9 Andes Candies chopped
In microwave or double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate, ½ cup chocolate chips and butter. Cool for 10 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and egg for 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and the chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; beat into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in remaining chips and mints.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
Press about 1 tbsp of dough into each cup of a mini muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
With a spoon, carefully widen hole in center of each cookie; bake for 6-8 minutes longer, until slightly puffed and set.
Let cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire rack.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!