This is a great cake for those holiday get togethers, but leftovers are not likely.
How To Make Pineapple Macadamia Nut Cake
A wonderful recipe for Pineapple Macadamia Nut Cake that is packed full of flavor and has a wonderfully moist cake center. This simple recipe for delectable dessert seems complex but surely you'll soon realize how simple it can be.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 ½ oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz crushed pineapple , with juice
- ½ cup spiced rum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup rum
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder and salt.
Make a well in the center and add shortening, eggs, pineapple, ½ cup of rum and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in macadamia nuts.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- While cake is still very warm, poke holes all over top of cake with toothpick.
- Slowly spoon glaze onto cake.
- Cake will be very moist.
- Let stand for at least 15 minutes to absorb glaze.
- Best served while still warm.
Place water, butter, and ½ cup of sugar in small sauce pan.
- Boil 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and add ¼ cup of rum.
- Sugar: 26g
- Calcium: 44mg
- Calories: 263kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 53mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Vitamin A: 99IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!