How To Make Cinnamon-Spiced Oatmeal Scotchies Recipe
With oatmeal scotchies, the soft and chewy center with crisp edges are the best. Even more delicious when loaded with cinnamon and butterscotch chips!
- 1½cupsall-purpose flour,(190g), spoon & leveled
- ½tspground cinnamon
- 1tspbaking soda
- 1cupunsalted butter,2 sticks (230g), softened to room temperature
- 1cupbrown sugar,(200g) packed light or dark
- ½cupgranulated sugar,100g
- 2large eggs,at room temperature
- 1tbspmolasses,unsulphured or dark
- 2tsppure vanilla extract
- 3cupsoats,(240g) old-fashioned whole rolled
- 2cupsbutterscotch morsels,280g
Whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until combined and creamy for about 2 minutes.
Add the eggs, molasses, and vanilla and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute.
Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined.
With the mixer running on low speed, beat in the oats and butterscotch morsels. Dough will be thick and sticky.
Cover and chill the dough for at least 45 minutes in the refrigerator (and up to 4 days).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Scoop cookie dough, about 3 Tablespoons of dough per cookie, and place 4 inches apart on the baking sheets.
Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft.
Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
While the cookies are still warm, you can press a few more butterscotch morsels into the tops!
- If chilling for longer than a few hours, allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before rolling and baking because the dough will be quite hard.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Calories: 324.21kcal
- Fat: 14.84g
- Saturated Fat: 9.44g
- Trans Fat: 0.34g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.14g
- Carbohydrates: 42.83g
- Fiber: 2.52g
- Sugar: 22.11g
- Protein: 5.48g
- Cholesterol: 39.09mg
- Sodium: 169.43mg
- Calcium: 31.21mg
- Potassium: 142.73mg
- Iron: 1.59mg
- Vitamin A: 77.86µg
- Vitamin C: 0.02mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!