How To Make Cheesy Breadsticks Made from Pizza Dough
Pizza dough gets a new use with this recipe for cheesy breadsticks. The butter-brushed dough is topped with garlic, some herbs, and a ton of mozzarella.
- 1lbpizza dough,store bought or homemade
- 2tbspunsalted butter,melted
- 2tspgarlic powder,(or 2 minced garlic cloves)
- 1tspItalian seasoning blend,or dried basil
- 1¾cupsmozzarella cheese,shredded
- sprinkle of cornmeal,for dusting the pan, optional
- marinara,or pizza sauce, for dipping, optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
On a lightly floured work surface or on a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat sprinkled with cornmeal and roll the dough out into a 9×13 inch rectangle.
Combine the butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush over shaped dough. Cover evenly with shredded cheese.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. If desired, turn the oven to broil for the last minute to really brown the top.
Slice into breadsticks and serve plain or with marinara sauce. Cover leftover breadsticks tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Baked breadsticks can be frozen up to 3 months.
- Calories: 184.14kcal
- Fat: 9.44g
- Saturated Fat: 5.58g
- Trans Fat: 0.06g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.60g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.67g
- Carbohydrates: 15.91g
- Fiber: 0.82g
- Sugar: 1.24g
- Protein: 8.72g
- Cholesterol: 29.11mg
- Sodium: 376.06mg
- Calcium: 187.47mg
- Potassium: 58.07mg
- Iron: 0.99mg
- Vitamin A: 68.25µg
- Vitamin C: 0.04mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!