How To Make Banana Sauce
The blend of sweet & tangy flavors amps up any fried dish with the help of this banana sauce. It's made with white vinegar & birds eye chili.
Prep: 12 mins
Cook: 1 hr 20 mins
Total: 1 hr 32 mins
- 2 lbs bananas, (saging na saba) cleaned
- 17 birds eye chili, crushed and minced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 lbs brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp coloring, choco brown
- .18 oz sodium benzoate
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp coloring, ketchup red
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 100 oz water
- 3.6 oz iodized salt
- 1⁄4 tsp cloves, crushed
- Put water in a large pot and let boil.
- Put in the bananas and boil for 12 minutes. Remove from the pot and let cool.
When the bananas have cooled, peel them, and divide each into 3 pieces by slicing.
Combine bananas, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Place in a blender with 2 cups of water and blend for seconds.
- Place the mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add chili, all the spices, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Place the mixture in a large pot and cook for 60 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
Put in the food coloring and sod benzoate. Stir until well blended.
Let the mixture cool and transfer to jars or containers. Use as desired and enjoy.
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!