How To Make Steamed Lobster
You can't go wrong with perfectly steamed lobster for a fancy bite. Serve this simply seasoned dish with butter & lemon for brighter flavors.
- 2½ lbs lobsters, or lobster tails, thawed if frozen
- 1 lemon, halved and squeezed
- 1 tbsp salt
- 12 cups water
- melted butter, for dipping
Fill a large lidded pot with roughly 1-inch of water. Squeeze in the juice of the lemon and add lemon halves.
Add salt, bring to a simmering boil, and add lobster. Add as many lobsters as possible in the pot with the lid secured.
Cover and steam for 15 to 20 minutes until bright red. Lobsters will be very hot when done, do not touch with bare hands.
Serve with a side of melted butter and lemon wedges.
- Be sure to remove rubber bands around claws with scissors before steaming.
- Lobster tails only take about 10 minutes to steam.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!