How To Make Persian-Inspired Chicken Salad Sandwich
The lemon-dill mayo and marinated chicken breasts make this chicken salad sandwich absolutely scrumptious.
To prepare the chicken:
Grind the onion, lemon juice, paprika, oregano, and garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Remove the mixture to a non-aluminum bowl or container.
- Stir in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken in this mixture, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the broiler. You may also cook the chicken on top of the stove. Use a nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Broil the chicken about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
When cool enough to handle, cut into ½-inch cubes.
To prepare the mayonnaise:
Stir the lemon zest, juice, and dill into the mayonnaise and yogurt; season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fold the chicken and walnuts into the mayonnaise.
- Adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Cut the pita bread in half and open the pockets.
- Place the feta, mint, basil and watercress in the pita, then spoon in the chicken-salad mixture.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 146mg
- Calories: 696kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Fat: 46g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 652mg
- Protein: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 652mg
- Vitamin A: 710IU
- Vitamin C: 15mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!