How To Make Barbecued Pork Loin
4 hrs 5 mins
4 hrs 15 mins
- 8 lb pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced or 1/8 tsp. instant minced garlic
- 2 tbsp oil or shortening
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaf crushed
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp mustard prepared
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 dash tabasco sauce
Making the sauce
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil in a frypan until tender. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Cooking the meat
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Run a spit through the center of the meat, making sure it is evenly balanced.
- Secure to a rotisserie with a heavy cord. Insert a meat thermometer so the tip is in the center of the roast but not resting in fat, bone or on the rod.
- Arrange coals for roasting meat and roast over hot coals for 2 hours until the meat thermometer registers 140°F.
- Continue roasting, brushing with barbecue sauce every 20 minutes until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 170°F, about 1.5 to 2 hours longer.
- Plate the roast and serve.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 433mg | Potassium: 942mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 77IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg