How To Make Morel Pasta
Make your friends and family some morel pasta for a nutritious meal! The mushroom and pasta are coated with parmesan cheese and tasty cream.
- Place dried morels in a heat-proof bowl and cover with about 3 to 4 cups of boiling water to cover mushrooms. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft.
- Pull out morels, gently squeeze out excess water, and reserve the soaking liquid. Cut large morels in half lengthwise. Filter soaking liquid through a coffee filter to remove any dirt and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add morels, season with salt and black pepper, and saute until liquid is mostly cooked off. Add wine and increase heat to a simmer. Cook until nearly all of the liquid is gone, about 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of soaking liquid, heavy cream, and thyme, and season with salt and black pepper. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring and seasoning as needed, until sauce is thick and flavorful.
- When the sauce is ready, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Scoop out 2 cups of pasta cooking liquid. Stir half into the morel cream sauce and return to a gentle simmer.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer pasta to the morel sauce and cook, tossing constantly and adding Parmesan little by little until the cheese is melted and sauce is creamy and coats the pasta, about 3 minutes.
- Add more pasta water if the sauce is too thick. Taste; season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with extra parmesan and fresh thyme.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 266mg
- Calories: 428kcal
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Fat: 39g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 135mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Sodium: 301mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1582IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!