How To Make Chicken Rigatoni
This mouthwatering chicken rigatoni pasta is packed with tender chicken, various peppers, and tossed in a tangy and creamy tomato sauce, for a richer meal!
- 16ozrigatoni pasta,(1 package)
- 3tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 1½lbschicken breast,skinless, boneless, cut in bite-sized pieces
- salt and ground black pepper,to taste
- 2cubanelle peppers,seeded, thinly sliced
- 3garlic cloves,minced
- 28ozcrushed tomatoes,(1 can)
- 3red peppers,roasted, drained, chopped
- 2hot cherry peppers,seeded, minced
- ½cupheavy cream
- ½cupparmesan cheese,grated, for serving
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
Add the rigatoni pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender yet firm to the bite. Drain and keep warm.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook in the hot oil for about 7 minutes, until lightly browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
Stir the onion, Cubanelle peppers, and garlic into the skillet. Cook and stir for 4 minutes, until the onion softens.
Add the crushed tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and hot cherry peppers. Bring to a simmer.
Stir in the cooked chicken and heavy cream, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta.
Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
- Calories: 740.14kcal
- Fat: 29.68g
- Saturated Fat: 10.89g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12.52g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.98g
- Carbohydrates: 76.96g
- Fiber: 8.03g
- Sugar: 13.43g
- Protein: 42.15g
- Cholesterol: 108.17mg
- Sodium: 1172.91mg
- Calcium: 256.98mg
- Potassium: 1116.80mg
- Iron: 4.67mg
- Vitamin A: 278.99µg
- Vitamin C: 140.12mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!