This lasagna recipe is a family favorite. It’s quick, easy, and tasty and you don’t have to cook the lasagna noodles beforehand!
How To Make Baked Lasagna On Top Of The Range
A classic Italian dish that oozes with rich tomato sauce in each lasagna pasta sheet. This baked lasagna recipe incorporates four kinds of cheese!
- In a hot, dry gourmet fry pan over medium-high heat, dry sauté the onion and garlic until slightly browned, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Add the ground turkey or beef and sauté until cooked through, 4-5 minutes, stirring to break up ground meat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the ricotta cheese and set aside.
- To prepare the lasagna, cover the inside bottom of the large sauté skillet with about 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- Place 4 uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of the skillet on top of the sauce (trim the corner of the noodles to fit the skillet).
- Sprinkle about one-fourth of the mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheeses over the noodles and top with about half the ground meat mixture. Spread about 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce over the cooked ground meat mixture.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles on the sauce and repeat the previous steps until the skillet is full, making 2 thick layers and topping the final layer with lasagna noodles.
- Top the lasagna noodles with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Cover the skillet, close the vent and bake on top of the stove over medium-low heat for about 50 minutes. Don't peak: removing the cover will destroy the vapor seal, and lengthen the cooking time and may cause the lasagna to burn.
- Turn the heat off and allow the lasagna to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 261mg
- Calories: 272kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 401mg
- Protein: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 527mg
- Vitamin A: 528IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!