This lasagna recipe is a family favorite. It’s quick, easy, and tasty and you don’t have to cook the lasagna noodles beforehand!
How To Make Baked Lasagna On Top Of The Range
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
- 1 onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb ground turkey or extra-lean ground beef
- 8 oz milk ricotta cheese part-skim
- 2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz lasagna noodles
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese part-skim, shredded
- 4 oz cheddar cheese low-sodium, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- In a hot, dry gourmet fry pan over medium-high heat, dry sauté the onion and garlic until slightly browned, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Add the ground turkey or beef and sauté until cooked through, 4-5 minutes, stirring to break up ground meat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in the ricotta cheese and set aside.
- To prepare the lasagna, cover the inside bottom of the large sauté skillet with about 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- Place 4 uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of the skillet on top of the sauce (trim the corner of the noodles to fit the skillet).
- Sprinkle about one-fourth of the mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheeses over the noodles and top with about half the ground meat mixture. Spread about 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce over the cooked ground meat mixture.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles on the sauce and repeat the previous steps until the skillet is full, making 2 thick layers and topping the final layer with lasagna noodles.
- Top the lasagna noodles with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Cover the skillet, close the vent and bake on top of the stove over medium-low heat for about 50 minutes. Don't peak: removing the cover will destroy the vapor seal, and lengthen the cooking time and may cause the lasagna to burn.
- Turn the heat off and allow the lasagna to rest for about 15 minutes.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 401mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 528IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 2mg