Fried food is typically labeled unhealthy, but these fried green tomatoes are an amazing exception. This is a great recipe for a veggie side dish that you won’t have to bribe your kids to eat!
How To Make Fried Green Tomatoes
Fried vegetable to trick your kids!
- Slice the tomatoes into slices that are about ½ inch thick and discard the ends.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Scoop the flour onto a plate.
- Mix the cornmeal, breadcrumbs, and salt and pepper onto another plate.
- Dip the sliced tomatoes into flour to coat and then dip them into the milk and egg mix.
- Cover the tomatoes in a coat of the breadcrumbs.
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and place 4 or 5 tomatoes into the frying pan at a time.
- Make sure the tomatoes don’t touch each other.
- When the tomatoes are browned, flip them over.
- Then drain them on the paper towels.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 67mg
- Calories: 1581kcal
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Fat: 161g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 378mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 130g
- Sodium: 888mg
- Vitamin A: 878IU
- Vitamin C: 28mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!