Sauerkraut and polish sausage are better together than they are apart! Go ahead and give this crockpot sausage recipe a try.
How To Make Joanna's Sausage Kraut (Crockpot)
This crockpot sausage recipe uses Polish sausages mixed with sauerkraut.
- Place sauerkraut in colander, and rinse well with cold water.
- Squeeze dry.
- Put into a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar, onion, and seeds, if desired.
- Mix well until kraut is a delicate caramel color.
- Place kraut mixture in a greased crock pot.
- Slice the sausage into large chunks, and place on top of the kraut.
- Cook on low heat for about 6 hours.
- If feasible, stir about half way through cooking time.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes.
- Sugar: 32g
- Calcium: 117mg
- Calories: 534kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Fat: 33g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 746mg
- Protein: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 2502mg
- Vitamin A: 41IU
- Vitamin C: 37mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!