Sausage, bacon and beer add tremendous flavor to this Irish crockpot dish! It’s the ideal dish for any leftovers from potlucks or dinners. Just put it in the crockpot and let it cook for a few hours.
How To Make Irish Coddle
- 1 lb. Irish banger sausage approximately 5 pieces, cut into 4 pieces each
- ½ lb. bacon cut into 1-inch pieces, thick sliced
- 10 medium red potatoes sliced
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 head green cabbage cored and cut into eighths
- 1 cup Irish Red Style beer
- Place a layer of the potatoes in the bottom of a large crockpot.
- Place a layer of sausage and bacon followed by a layer of onions.
- Repeat with all ingredients one more time.
- Place a final layer of potatoes on top.
- Pour in the cup of beer.
- Place cabbage on top and cover.
- Cook in a crockpot for approximately 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Crockpot temperatures can vary.