Sausage, bacon and beer add tremendous flavor to this Irish crockpot dish! It’s the ideal dish for any leftovers from potlucks or dinners. Just put it in the crockpot and let it cook for a few hours.
How To Make Irish Coddle
- Place a layer of the potatoes in the bottom of a large crockpot.
- Place a layer of sausage and bacon followed by a layer of onions.
- Repeat with all ingredients one more time.
- Place a final layer of potatoes on top.
- Pour in the cup of beer.
- Place cabbage on top and cover.
- Cook in a crockpot for approximately 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Crockpot temperatures can vary.
This recipe can also be cooked in the over following the same layering technique in a Dutch oven or stock pot and simmering for about an hour.
- Sugar: 11g
- Calcium: 115mg
- Calories: 722kcal
- Carbohydrates: 72g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Fat: 37g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 2191mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 1007mg
- Vitamin A: 187IU
- Vitamin C: 89mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!