The addition of bourbon makes this pie a grown-up indulgence. Made with apples, raisins and apricot preserves, this boozy fruit pie is a delicious dessert to serve at your next party with friends.
How To Make Apple Bourbon Pie
Party up with this apple bourbon pie recipe. Tart apples, plump apricots, and sweet bourbon are all brought together in an indulgent fruit pie.
- Preheat oven to 45o degrees F.
- Combine raisins and bourbon. Soak for at least 2 hours.
- Peel apples and cut into ½-inch slices. Boil water in a steamer and arrange apple slices. Place apples in the steamer basket and cover. Steam for 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add apple slices, raisins, and pecans, stirring to combine.
- Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Brush apricot preserves over piecrust. Spoon apple mixture into piecrust.
- Roll remaining pie crust and create some simple decorations for the pie, as desired.
- Arrange pastry decorations over apple mixture and brush with buttermilk. Sprinkle pie with sugar.
- Shield edges of pie with strips of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake on the lower rack of oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 to 35 additional minutes. Once done, let cool and serve.
- Sugar: 39g
- Calcium: 33mg
- Calories: 528kcal
- Carbohydrates: 81g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 334mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 298mg
- Vitamin A: 92IU
- Vitamin C: 8mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!