How To Make Kaju Katli (Kaju Barfi)
Create fudge with a twist with this kaju katli recipe. A fudge made from cashews and sweetened with sugar cut into pretty diamond shapes that will rock your Indian parties.
- Place cashews in a spice grinder or food processor.
- In a pan, add sugar and water and heat on medium. Stir to dissolve sugar. Boil for 1 minute. Then lower heat and mix in powdered cashews.
- Keep stirring the mixture on low heat. Add ghee and stir. After 10 minutes, the dough will leave the sides of the pan, remove from heat. Transfer dough to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cool dough for 3 to 5 minutes then knead with hands to make it smooth. Dough must be kneaded while still warm to the touch.
- Cover dough with another sheet of parchment and roll to ¼ to ½ inch thick using a rolling pin applying equal pressure on all sides.
- Apply chandi vark if preferred. Using a knife, cut dough into a diamond shape by first cutting the dough vertically and then horizontally.
- Separate the kaju katli and serve. Enjoy! Kaju katli can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Sugar: 120g
- Calcium: 4mg
- Calories: 500kcal
- Carbohydrates: 121g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 45mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!