Served on its own or along with another dessert, this rhubarb custard can work for your sweet tooth cravings after dinner.
How To Make Rhubarb Custard
A creamy custard dessert with a rhubarb flavor.
- Wash rhubarb, discard leaves and dice stems.
- Add water, cover, and cook slowly until rhubarb is soft.
Mix together ½ cup of the sugar and 1 tbsp of the cornstarch and stir into the rhubarb; stir constantly over low heat until sauce is thickened, then remove from heat.
- Mix remaining cornstarch and stir into the rhubarb; stir constantly over low heat until sauce is thickened, then remove from heat.
Mix remaining corn starch sugar and salt in saucepan, add milk and cook over direct heat with constant stirring, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Slowly stir into the beaten eggs and cook over hot water, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- When both custard and rhubarb sauce are cooled, stir the rhubarb into the custard.
- Serve chilled.
- Sugar: 46g
- Calcium: 203mg
- Calories: 305kcal
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Fat: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 427mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 132mg
- Vitamin A: 393IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!