This is a simple cake to make, even though you make it from scratch – no box included – you’ll taste the difference.
How To Make German Sweet Chocolate Cake
- Melt chocolate in boiling water.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well after each.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well.
- Sift together salt, soda, and flour.
- Add alternately with buttermilk to chocolate mixture, beating well. Beat until smooth.
Fold in beaten egg whites. Pour into 3 8-inch or 9-inch cake layer pans, lining the bottoms with paper.
Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) for 30-40 minutes; cool.
- Frost tops only.
- Sugar: 17g
- Calcium: 20mg
- Calories: 199kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Fat: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 42mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Vitamin A: 398IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!