This warm applesauce cake has a touch of pumpkin pie spice which makes it the best dessert to make this fall! Any party guests will be asking you for this recipe!
How To Make Chunky Applesauce Cake
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup applesauce
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray and put foil at the bottom of the crockpot bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed for 1 minute. Add the egg and beat again to combine.
- Beat in the buttermilk on low speed and then beat in the applesauce.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture and beat on low speed until well-mixed.
- Spoon the cake batter into the crockpot. Cover the pot with a tea towel and put the lid over.
- Cook for 2.5 hours on high. Lift out the cake by the foil and serve.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 282mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 273IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg