This chocolate applesauce cake recipe will save you so much time to make because it does not need frosting. Since it is made with applesauce, it is quite moist and delicate and the taste is just heavenly!
How To Make Chocolate Applesauce Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x12-inch pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and whip.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well. Mix in the applesauce last.
- Pour into a prepared greased pan.
- Sprinkle with the topping ingredients.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool and serve.