How To Cook Chicken Breast In Cast Iron Skillet
Chicken breast is a versatile and lean protein that can be cooked in various ways, but one of the best methods is using a cast iron skillet. The cast iron skillet provides even heat distribution and locks in the flavors, resulting in juicy and flavorful chicken breasts. If you’re wondering how to achieve that perfect sear and juicy interior, follow these simple steps:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your favorite seasonings (optional)
- Start by preheating your cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. It’s important to allow the skillet to heat evenly for a few minutes.
- While the skillet is heating, pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Dry chicken will sear better and develop a beautiful crust.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and any additional spices or herbs you prefer.
- Add the olive oil to the hot skillet and swirl it around to coat the bottom.
- Place the chicken breasts in the skillet, ensuring they are not touching each other. Leave some space between them to allow for even cooking.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 6-8 minutes per side, depending on their thickness. For an accurate temperature, use a meat thermometer to ensure they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Flip the chicken breasts halfway through the cooking process to ensure they cook evenly. You should notice a beautiful golden brown crust forming on the outside.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and let them rest on a cutting board for a few minutes. This will help the juices redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a more tender and flavorful chicken.
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve them with your favorite side dishes or use them in salads, sandwiches, or wraps.
Now you know how to cook chicken breast in a cast iron skillet like a pro! Remember to adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of your chicken breasts, and always use a meat thermometer to ensure they are fully cooked. With this simple method, you’ll be able to enjoy juicy, tender, and flavorful chicken every time. So, grab your cast iron skillet and start cooking!
Read Next: How To Cook Chicken Gizzards And Hearts