This shrimp appetizer recipe is extremely tasty and makes a great presentation! I use this recipe for an appetizer but by doubling the dressing and increasing the rest of the ingredients, you can make it into a lunch entree as well. I arrange tomato slices on a luncheon plate – add a 1/2 cup of the dip mixture and serve with crusty chunks of an artisan bread.
How To Make Shrimp, Avocado, Cilantro Dip
Make a delicious twist to your usual dip with this experimental concoction.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the olive oil, 1/4 cup of the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Whisk to emulsify and set aside.
- In a small colander, place separated shrimp, and drizzle with lime juice.
- Toss and set aside.
- Add the finely diced red onion, the chopped cilantro, the feta crumbles and the cubed avocado to a medium mixing bowl.
- Give the colander a gentle shake and add the bay shrimp to the bowl.
- Gently toss the ingredients until just mixed.
- Drizzle the dressing and gently toss again so as not to break up the shrimp meat.
- Serve with toasted Baguette slices.
- Tip: An easy way to cube an avocado
- After removing the pit, use the tip of a sharp paring knife to carefully make narrow lengthwise slices.
- Turn the halved avocado 90 degrees in your hand and make narrow slices creating cubes.
- Turn the avocado inside out over your mixing bowl and the cubes will pop off the skin.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 95mg
- Calories: 298kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- Fat: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 210mg
- Protein: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 563mg
- Vitamin A: 113IU
- Vitamin C: 11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!