Enjoy a flavor-packed meal with this delicious Cajun shrimp recipe. It’s an easy dinner recipe that gives you a smoky and spicy taste at every bite. All you need is an indoor or outdoor grill, and you can easily make this savory Cajun seasoned shrimp. Combine this tender cooked shrimp with some baby corn and potatoes for an added depth of flavor. Serve these seasoned shrimps over Greek rice pilaf with lemon, and grilled asparagus on the side.
Tips on Making Cajun Shrimp
These Cajun shrimps are an appetizing way to upgrade your meals. It’s a quick and easy seafood recipe you can make in less than an hour. Make this Cajun shrimp dish even better with some of these helpful tips and delicious variations you can try.
- Use large shrimps. These are more tender and meatier when cooked. You can use prawns or even a jumbo shrimp as alternatives. Make sure to use fresh shrimps so that it’s easier to cook and prepare.
- Add more veggies into the mix. Get creative with your choice of vegetables to pair with these meaty seasoned shrimps. Replace corn and potatoes with other types of vegetables like broccoli, bell peppers, green onions, or even minced garlic. Or, mix it in for a more flavorful combination.
- Make your own homemade Cajun seasoning mix. Cajun seasoning is made of simple ingredients like garlic powder, dried thyme, oregano, and smoked paprika. Yet this easy combination of Cajun spice mix gives any dish a complex flavor and depth. You can also try toasting the spices to give it additional warm and toasty flavors.
- Try adding in some extra spice. You can also mix in chili pepper, red pepper flakes, jalapeno peppers, serrano pepper, or hot sauce for a spicier alternative. Feel free to adjust the spice level to your liking.
How To Make Cajun Shrimp Recipe
Cajun seasoning adds a kick to any dish, all thanks to the cayenne pepper. This Cajun shrimp recipe seasons the shrimp with strong flavors, giving its taste a bit of an edge. Don’t forget to pair it with some corn and potatoes.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high.
- In a large mixing bowl, add shrimp, baby corn, mini potatoes, and canola oil. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and seafood seasoning.
- Adjust taste accordingly with salt and black pepper.
- Place heavy duty aluminum foil on the counter. Divide into four medium pieces.
- Evenly distribute the shrimp mixture onto each foil sheet.
- Wrap all the ingredients with aluminum foil. Leave space inside for air to circulate. Fold the edges to tightly seal.
- Grill each packet for about 10 minutes before flipping to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Carefully open each foil packet. Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 47mg
- Calories: 437kcal
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fat: 16g
- Fiber: 9g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 1382mg
- Protein: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 804IU
- Vitamin C: 58mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen shrimp?
No, it’s better to use fresh shrimp for this Cajun shrimp recipe. Using frozen shrimp would cook it unevenly. If you are going to use frozen shrimp, then make sure that you thaw it first the night before you cook it.
Is it better to peel shrimp before cooking?
For this grilled Cajun shrimp recipe, we recommend keeping the shell and cooking with it. Since we’re grilling the shrimp in foil packets, the shell would add more flavor to the shrimp and protect them from burning or overcooking. Cooking with the shell is especially more flavorful when grilling.
How long will Cajun shrimp last?
When stored properly in an airtight container, this cooked shrimp will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. If in the freezer, it will maintain its freshness for about 2 to 3 months. Make sure that you thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating so that it evenly reheats.
ConclusionMake lunch or dinner meals extra delicious with this Cajun shrimp recipe. Its spicy savory goodness combined with the corn and potatoes make for an appetizing meal. Complete the dish with some rice or pasta on the side.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!