How To Make Ribollita Soup
This classic ribollita soup recipe is a one-pot hit. A tomato soup topped with crispy bread will take your taste buds on a journey.
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Then finely chop 1 large onion and transfer to a medium bowl. Then cut the carrots sticks or coins. Place it with the onions.
- Also, chop 2 celery stalks crosswise into half-inch pieces and add to the bowl with the carrots and onions.
- Smash and peel 8 garlic cloves and add these to the bowl as well.
- Wash the Tuscan Kale and discard the stems. Then tear the leaves into 2
- Cut the rind off of 1 small Parmesan wedge; set aside.
- Strain the canned tomatoes and set the juice aside. Squeeze tomatoes and crush them with your hands while leaving them submerged in their liquid so they don’t squirt.
- Tear half a loaf of crusty country bread into 1½inch pieces.
- Heat up ⅓ cup of extra-virgin olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the bowl of onion and carrots then season with salt and cook.
- Stir occasionally, until vegetables are softened but not browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Shake off any excess liquid from the tomatoes, add it to the pot and stir for 10 minutes. Add the juices after.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, then add them to the pot. Add the ¾ teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and 4 cups of water, and bring to a simmer.
- Add kale into two parts, stirring often, allowing the leaves to wilt.
- Add about ⅓ of torn bread and stir lightly until coated and warmed through for about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Remove from heat and top with the remaining bread chunks. Drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Transfer the pot to the oven and bake the stew for 10 to 15 minutes or until it is thick and bubbling and the bread is golden brown.
- Ladle stew into bowls, and drizzle with more olive oil or sprinkle with parmesan.
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 122mg
- Calories: 4268kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fat: 470g
- Fiber: 10g
- Iron: 7mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 342g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 50g
- Potassium: 714mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 65g
- Sodium: 377mg
- Vitamin A: 9618IU
- Vitamin C: 23mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Rice & Risotto
BBQ & Grilled
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
Bring together two classic sweet treats to make these chocolate covered gummy bears. The result is fruity, chewy, and creamy in every bite.