How To Make Duck Soup
Each spoonful is brimming with hearty flavors in this rich duck soup recipe. This Asian-inspired dish even has bean sprouts and mushrooms.
- Mix the ingredients of the marinade, and add the breast fillets and legs.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To make the stock, put carcass portions and other stock ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Add water to cover and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Strain, return stock to a clean pot and reduce over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove any remaining meat from the carcass and reserve.
- Cool reduced stock, and refrigerate overnight.
- When stock is cold, skim fat from the surface. The stock is ready for use.
For the duck portions: remove from marinade, and cook in a hot oven (about 200 degrees C) for about 20 minutes for the breasts, and about 30 minutes for the legs.
Cool a little then shred the meat.
Put stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, and add remaining soup ingredients including both lots of reserved duck meat.
- Warm through and season to taste.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 61mg
- Calories: 1118kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Cholesterol: 190mg
- Fat: 99g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 7mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 47g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g
- Potassium: 714mg
- Protein: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 33g
- Sodium: 1002mg
- Vitamin A: 508IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
This creole jambalaya has the best mix of meat and spices which makes this famous Southern comfort food. Make this one-pot dish with mouthwatering savory and spicy flavors in under an hour.